For better or for worse. Divorce is a reality.
Divorce raises so many questions.
- How will divorce affect our children? What can I do to protect them?
- What about my financial security? Who will pay the bills?
- How will divorce affect my retirement plans? What will happen to our house?
- Do I need a divorce lawyer? How do I pick the right attorney?
- Where do I find answers? Who can I trust?
- How do I prepare for divorce?
- Do I need a divorce legal consultation?
Too much uncertainty. Too many unknowns.
The First Step: Learn more about divorce in Virginia.
The only way to move forward is to start learning.
- Divorce Basics
- Spousal Support
- Dividing Marital Assets and Liabilities
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
There are solutions. Help is out there.
The Next Step: Find divorce attorneys that may be a good fit for you and arrange some consultations.
Do I even need an attorney? That depends. Every case is unique The best divorce lawyers will help you find ways to minimize the need for legal representation, to help you through your case as efficiently and effectively as possible, to determine ways they can return value in your case.
Educate yourself. Review our law firm’s website. Look at other divorce and family law websites. Learn and seek out the best fit for you then arrange for consultations with one or more potential divorce attorneys.Take your time but take action.
Choosing the right divorce attorney for you is one of the most important decisions, if not the most important decision, you will make during this challenging time in your life.