Follow this link to read about awards and recognition received by Brian as a divorce attorney in Virginia.
Is it possible for a divorce attorney to be a real person?
We hope the answer is yes. So, who is Brian aside from being a divorce attorney? If generalizations and tags are sufficient, then he may be described as:
- Devoted parent.
- Pure-bred mutt lover.
- Amateur tech-geek.
- Always willing to laugh at himself.
If Brian was independently wealthy he would spend more time with his children and generally goofing off. Wouldn’t we all?
So what is his backstory? The short-version anyway?
Brian is a Virginia native with family throughout the Commonwealth. However, he spent much of his youth in Charlotte, NC. His wife is a classically trained singer with a Masters degree in Opera Performance from the Boston Conservatory of Music. Brian has two children, a boy and a girl. The Moore’s are active in the Lynchburg community and have volunteered and served on numerous non-profit civic and arts organizations’ boards. Aside from his family, Brian’s interests include techie/geeky stuff, unhealthy eating, excuses to use power tools, chess, fly-fishing, hiking/camping, and a lifelong study of law.
As a divorce attorney, Brian is a zealous, creative advocate who commits 110% to helping divorce clients achieve their goals. You immediately sense his passion for his clients and his divorce practice whenever you speak to him about his work.
Brian strives to stay abreast of new developments in divorce law, psychology, the science and art of persuasion, as well as many other topics that may provide useful knowledge or insights that will serve his goal of attaining client objectives. He sees being a divorce lawyer as being part strategist and part artist where creativity and adaptability are as important as detail and planning.
When you have a divorce consultation with Brian, he will listen carefully and speak candidly. You can expect honest assessments as well as compassion and understanding. He will work with you to evaluate your goals and objectives, to weigh costs and benefits, and to implement a strategy based on your final decisions.
Read about finding a family law or divorce attorney.
Professional Activities and Memberships:
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Family Law and Estate Planning Sections Member
- Virginia Bar Association Joint Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Family Law Section Member
- Virginia Legal Aid Pro Bono Task Force Committee
- Guardian ad litem for children certified by the Virginia Supreme Court
- Virginia Supreme Court certification as both a general and family law mediator (previously held).
- Certified Collaborative Law Practitioner
- 2017 Appointed to 24th Circuit Committee on the Resolution of Fee Disputes, 3-year term
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Biology – Baylor University
- Baylor Summer Research Scholar
- Bob Gardner Memorial Grant Recipient
- 2000 Ecological Society of America Annual Meeting Research Poster Presenter
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) University of Richmond – T.C. Williams School of Law.
- Kestin Scholarship Grant Recipient
- Law Clerk to Professor Emeritus Wade Berryhill
- Contributor Berryhill’s “Property Law” text book and”Virginia Real Estate Transactions” publications
- Lynchburg Rotary International
- St. John’s Episcopal Church Day School Board Member
- Opera on the James, board member, past Secretary/Executive Committee
- Lynchburg Symphony Orchestra, past board member/director and development committee chairperson
- Academy of Fine Arts, volunteer
- Lynchburg Estate Planning Council
- Lynchburg Chess Club (when active)
Weekends and after hours appointments available on a limited basis.